The Nubia Z17 was officially announced on Thursday (1st). With the official release, the feat had already been rumored in recent days and, it became the world’s first 8GB smartphone to hit stores – Zenfone AR, announced in January and with the same amount of RAM, still Has not been released.
Another unprecedented achievement of the Z17 is to be the first in the world to support Quick Charge 4+, a technology introduced by Qualcomm yesterday , which allows charging batteries up to 15% faster and 30% more efficient than Quick Charge 4. But It’s obvious that the power of the ZTE subsidiary’s handset is not limited to this: it also features a 835 and 128GB Snapdragon for internal storage, all in a chassis equipped with a 5.5-inch Full HD display.
The complete specifications of the Z17 are:
- Screen: 5.5 inch IPS LCD
- Screen Resolution: Full HD (1920×1080 pixels)
- Operating system: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core (four 2.35 GHz Kryo + four 1.9 GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Memory RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB
- External storage: does not have
- Rear camera: 12 megapixels (f / 1.8) + 23 megapixels (f / 2.0)
- Front camera: 16 megapixels (f / 2.0)
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BDS, NFC, USB-C 1.0 port, biometric reader
- Battery: 3,200 mAh
- Weight: 173 grams
- Dimensions: 72.4 mm wide x 152.6 mm high x 7.6 mm thick
Now, the Z17 is only available in China market and each unit costs will be $588 (model 8 GB RAM + 128 GB for storage), equivalent to about $2,000 in direct conversion. The handset is sold in six colors: aurora blue, black gold, black obsidian, solar gold and red flame.